1. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Dark Lord [Chapter 2] The City of Freemen

Throshkar deLaBlanche

Louis shakes his head as Throshkar cooes over the rapier; he would have sworn the blade looked rusty and the scabbard made of plain leather.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I had Throsh coo over Adrain's weapon because he rolled so badly on identifying it. No way you spent enough on it for him to actually *like* it if he'd ID'ed it right. He's wayyy too wealthy for that. ;)

Throshkar peruses the armories briefly, finally coming upon a glowing, golden half plate set in the place of honor at the largest store in town. The fine metal is etched by a master craftsman, and the soft blue glow practically thrums with power.

Throsh looks it over carefully. He hardly nods at the armorer's request for 4,200 gold; clearly the price is no object. Finally, he inspects the inner lining of the armor -- at this, he instantly throws up his hands. "Bah! You think I would wear black satin?" He storms out of the building, leaving dropped jaws in his wake.

During the trip to the City of Freemen, Louis nods happily to Regis' questions of faithfulness. Deeper inspection shows the boy has little organized instruction, but follows the principles that his baker parents drilled into him as a youth. Some of what Throshkar has taught him as squire conflicts with these ideas, but Louis has not given it much thought.

At one point, Louis mentions to Regis that he has heard of a holy man who could speak to people he knew from leagues away. When Regis agrees that, yes, he can indeed do such a thing, Throshkar claps his hand to his chest.

"That would be a grand thing! Could you indeed speak to our friend Johnathan? You know his face -- tell him... ah, tell him, 'We've found the Prince! Going to City of Freemen for now, to establish a safe base and gather forces before returning to the manor. Last one there is an old man!!'"

He chuckles at the long-standing joke between the two cavaliers.

When the party arrives at the gates, Throshkar and Louis ride forward, Louis displaying his master's pennon. "Hail, good Freemen! Throshkar deLaBlanche and his companions greet you, and entreat you to grant us entry!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't buy anything beyond any necessities. Most of my leveling up is done.
    Last edited by Cyranojoe; 2008-12-10 at 01:44 AM.