1. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Dark Lord [Chapter 2] The City of Freemen

Throshkar deLaBlanche

Throshkar bites his tongue hard at the guards' nonchalant greeting. The idea that he could not announce the prince himself was one thing -- that was a matter of royal security. But that these men would greet a cavalier of the king so blandly verged on dishonorable treatment. He coughs, shaking out his rough response and replacing it with a traditional Dwarven blessing: "May you find eternal veins of gold, friend!"

After the party makes its way through the gates and into the city proper, Throshkar declares with a lopsided grin, "Pirates. A great place to start a revolution, wouldn't you say, Pri--ah, Sir Manfred?"

"Where shall we go first? Food, lodging, friendship?"
    He winks at the latter. "We could go straight to the local chiefs and petition their support. The place is arrun with gangs and thugs, but I am sure the Prince's blessing would turn them around!"

"Else, we do need information. It has been long since I knew the state of our kingdom, and perhaps in a place like this they may know of the dark knights' origins...?"

Throshkar keeps his eye out for signs announcing tournaments or other similar activities that he would enjoy. Louis, meanwhile, gawks at the strange, rough men and women they pass by. His tight grip on Henri's leash tugs him this way and that as the dog lurches to the left, right, and forward. The hound's big wet nose sniffs at every nook and cranny he can reach.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Local:(d20+1)[9]

Options as I see them:
    1) Find an inn/tavern in order to:
    - Have a place to stay,
    - Begin hiring mercenaries to bulk up the team, and/or
    - Find jobs to bulk up our funds.
    2) Attract the attention of local leaders by:
    - Starting a fight (not honorable)
    - Simply asking around, or
    - Looking for obvious "mayoral" type locations.
    3) Gather Information via skill checks (I assume Adrian would do this well) about:
    - Dark knights
    - The status of the kingdom
    - Who would be supportive of our cause
    - Secure buildings/forts that we could obtain as a base
    - Any tournaments going on? (Throshkar would want to know)
    4) Oh, prostitutes, too.

I'm suggesting that Adrian goes info hunting, maybe with one of us to assist, while the others locate an inn and settle down.

Oh, and no offense meant about Adrian's sword from earlier, The_JJ.
    Last edited by Cyranojoe; 2008-12-10 at 02:59 PM.