Quote Originally Posted by Aergoth View Post
Nah, the Dex bonus cancels out from being huge if I remember.

So Charr you would actually make them a Large sized race or bigger? Hmm....interesting. Perhaps this could be a breakdown

Small Races: Asurans

Small Races That Get Bigger with Age: Skale...figure start small...if they live long enough they get bigger...max out somewhere around large perhaps.

Medium: Dwarf, Human, Norn, Tengu, Grawl

Medium with Powerful Build: Norn

Large: Centaur, Charr

That sound about right, huh? This means Charr would have "reach" which does concern me. I hate messing with level modifiers and all...but I guess I would have to to balance out things.

BTW...I took a page out of the Pathfinder RPG for standard races. Humans are a bit more meatier. In case you haven't this is the change from the PHB human.

• +2 to one ability score: Human characters get a +2 bonus on one ability score of their choice at creation, to represent their varied nature.
  • Weapon Training: Humans are proficient with any one martial weapon of their choice, in addition to those granted by class proficiencies. This weapon must be chosen at 1st level and cannot be changed.

I feel this variation on human raises the bar of stats. It is assumed humans are the standard...no adjustment...thusly that is the balance. I like how pathfinder RPG challenged it saying humans are not a +0 stat race...they get a bonus to something. I may even say they get a total of +4 to use. They can make four stats +1 or three at +2, +1 and +1 or two at +2 and +2 or one stat at +4. But that last part is just an idea.