View Single Post

Thread: Evolution 6.6 - The World

1. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Evolution 6.6 - The World

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, I was puzzled when I saw the Wiki page, too.
    By the way, you have only spent 31 EP so far.
    Better invest the rest of your EP in tech&skill to make up all those nice things your species just found.

And for everybody : 7 feet long is NOT large

Slurpz : I assume the Central River on the map are Mississippi-like for the size, and that small, shallow rivers are running here and there from the Southern Lake. Is that ok ?

Roggae

While Griia's herd had traveled to the North West, finding the Sea, most of the other herds still lived in the savanna, migrating along the light forests and small rivers. The throwing ability had spread and now, Roggae could easily catch the juicy fruits which grew on the highest trees, and the need to outroot the tree first.

They kept scaring away scavengers, herbivores and small predators alike, doing so mainly to train their aim but also to get rid of competitors and threats. Big predators like the Rock Throwers were still a problem but the new generation of Roggae could now spot them far before they reached fire range. To hide among the tall grass or among the nearby trees wasn't a problem when you could dig holes here and there.

Thanks to their increasing carrying capacity, the Roggae could now harvest larger quantity of fruits and plants then travel for days, stopping only to rest and to eat. This allowed the smaller herds to explore more and more of their surrounding. Most the herds went East and South.

Spoiler
    Show
    7 herds so far
    • one of 21, the Running Herd, which circles in the savanna.
    • four of 15, one of which is near the North West Bay
    • two of 12, one going East and the second going South.

Last edited by Johel; 2008-12-13 at 02:28 PM.