Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
I thought she gave new suggestions after Jillian was already out in the field, such as "ditch your stack", or "go save Ansom"; I don't see how Wanda could have planned for Parson's gambit. If Wanda did give new suggestions after Jillian left we have a form of really bad communication.

You may be right that all the suggestions were already in place, although I would find that difficult to do, but I'm not Parson+Sizemore+Wanda.
Ah, I have a totally different understanding of the spell. As I understand it, it wasn't a set of instructions but rather an influence of Jillian's decision-making. Every time she had to make a decision, she was influenced (not forced, though) to decide in whatever way was best for Wanda.

To put it another way, the spell magnified the biases that people have to help and protect the ones they love. That's why Wanda was so incensed when she told Sizemore that he didn't understand the underpinnings of the spell; the underpinnings were Jillian's feelings for Wanda, which by questioning the spell, the others were inadvertently dismissing.

Then again, I'm the guy who claimed that there never was a spell and it was just Wanda's cover story.