1. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Dark Lord [Chapter 2] The City of Freemen

Egan Brahe

Egan bows somewhat awkwardly to the entire table and presents a warm smile. "Greetings to each of you, and especially to you, Sire," he completes with a slightly deeper bow to the prince, trying not to pull too much attention to the table. "Well met, Sir DeLaBlanche. And, I am honored by your begrudging acceptance Sir Halfling Adrian. I do intend to stay around." Egan nods to Regis and Louis and smiles once again.

He finds a seat around the far side of the table and continues, "Before I tell you of my journeys, please permit me a bit of suspicion first. Please comment on Throshkar's splendid new armor for a moment." Egan dives a hand into his robes and pulls it back out holding a small bauble and begins a discrete chanting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Egan will cast Detect Scrying to make sure noone is watching the prince and his companions.
    -- 24h, 40ft. radius
    Assuming he finds nothing he will continue.

"I apologize for the rudeness, but I will explain now. Since I last saw you, young prince, I have been traveling for some time, expanding my horizons and my customers. However, I have never forgotten the kindness of your father, so I have checked in on you and your family from time to time, each time that I was away. I would tell you more of my travels if there were time, however I will continue to the important parts for now. I cannot confirm the circumstances of your father's passing, but as soon as I learned of it, I became concerned for your safety. This concern increased as I was not able to find you for several days. In fact, I must thank and congratulate Throshkar on his diligence in finding you safely. Your father's signet ring, is something that I have carried myself before when commanding the armory for a commission in his name. So, being familiar with it, I found it an easy anchor to follow in the quest for your safety and your travels to the City of Freemen. Which brings us to the present. My casting here was to verify that no others are trying to watch you or find you. Sire, you know my feelings toward your family. I have sought you out to offer my assistance if you so choose this course of action."

Egan stretches back in his chair for a moment, allowing everyone to soak in his short tale. "Kaylee and I have been waiting here for you. And now that we are united, how may I be of service? I have noticed some of the cavaliers that Adrian mentions coming to the city, but I do not know how many of them that I trust yet. I would use caution when approaching them."
    Last edited by Nomad5; 2008-12-16 at 11:02 PM.