View Single Post

Thread: Eberron meets Nation states

1. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Eberron meets Nation states

Aurell- Haven Camp, The 2nd of Therendor of 998th Year of the Kingdom of Galifar
    "Pardon me my good elf may I have a moment of your time? My name is Alfonzo Franks. I hail from a small hamlet near Daskarn in Thrane and have come to this place seeking to spread the light of the flame. My father was the local magistrate so I have practice seeing problems before they get out of hand. The issue I bring you today is of sanitation. People are just going freely into the river. It is just a drop in the bucket now but if this problem is left unchecked it could cause disease and contaminate the entire lake making it unsafe to drink from. I know that forcing people to trek down to the coast is rather dangerous and building latrines will take much sought after man power but I believe we must nip this in the bud. I would also suggest once we finish with the housing and preliminary fortifications we begin construction on a proper sewer system, one fit for a large city in case the flame shines brightly upon us and deems Haven to prosper.
    Looking over his shoulder at the dracocows Alfonzo points a his thumb at them and says. "We may also need to do something about them."

Masaori-Haven Camp, Haven Camp, The 2nd of Therendor of 998th Year of the Kingdom of Galifar

"Mrs.Warforged are you OK? What does Suitengu mean? Is that some sort of warforged code they taught you in the House Cannith forge holds? Can you teach me to speak warforged? Didn't you ask me a question? Oh yea, My dolly is strong because I built her strong. I also been enhancing her productivity through various arcane means throughout the day so you may have a slightly skewed perspective of her abilities. Now if you want me to scry for a large concentration of rock I'd better get to bed now so I can wake up extra early. OK. I love you good night." Chris and his doll run back to her shack before you can get a word in and in a few moments Chris can be heard snoring softly.

Salimor-Haven Camp, Haven Camp, The 2nd of Therendor of 998th Year of the Kingdom of Galifar

With the sun low in the sky your team heads out. Lead by Gorb who you find is a seasoned tracker you are deep in the jungle when the need for torches finally arises. An hour latter of tracking in a silence only broken by unseen denizens of the jungle Gorb signals everyone to stop.
    "You feel that?" Gorb says nervously.
    "The only thing I feel is tired" Quinn the human ex-bartender from Zilargo says wiping his brow with a strip of colored cloth you have been placing a markers.
    "Hmm" Horrace said quietly stroking his chin. "Here's a question dwarf if we were going the right way shouldn't we have been following the cloth markers instead of footprints. Admit it you have absolutely no idea what you're doing. I knew should have been more suspicious of a dwarven tracker."
    "Run!" Gord yells as he dashes into the undergrowth with surprising speed for a dwarf. Only Sarius follows the dwarfs lead dragging another militiamen by the collar as he rushes away and throwing both torches onto the ground.
    "That's right coward dwarf run away when you know I'm-" Before he could finish the flesh from his neck is raked into the air by an invisible force and just hovers there dripping blood as Horrace falls to the ground dead without the aid of very powerful and very immediate curative magics. Passing through a tree like a specter, a beast of nightmare stalks towards you. It looks like an emaciated purpple cat the size of a horse with six legs and horrid tentacles coming out of it's back. The rest of your men panic and race off into the night as the beast rakes the air with its tentacles and more wounds appear upon Horrace's corpse. The name displacer beast jumps to mind but you do not recall any information that would be useful other than the fact that they often hunt in packs.

Zukan-Haven Camp, Haven Camp, The 2nd of Therendor of 998th Year of the Kingdom of Galifar

"Did you call for me councilor?" Goznold asks. "No, I could have sworn some one was looking for me. Anyways now that I got your attention I would like to make a suggestion. Seeing how difficult it is to turn dense jungle into arable land without the help of powerful magic I thought you might be up for a suggestion. Sure in the grand scheme of things if you continue clearing land we may yet reap the benefits somewhere down the line, but what good is that doing us now? I suggest you concentrate your efforts going out to gather berries and hunting small game. Although if you are dead set on clearing out the jungle nothing tells the trees who's the boss like a little fire. Say the word and I'll get everything set up to torch the nearby flora to the ground by the day after tomorrow.
    Last edited by Aquateenflayer; 2008-12-19 at 01:11 PM.