View Single Post

Thread: City hexes and Archons

1. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: City hexes and Archons

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    That was on Charlie's turn. Those Archons could've gone inside the tower and attempted to grab Parson by force if they wanted.
    Parson can also move between city zones when it is not his turn, as his side is in control of GK.

It seems to me that a flying unit is automatically in the airspace zone as long as it is not on the ground, and such can be attacked by other fliers (or by archers) regardless of whose turn it is. On its turn, a flier can choose to engage units on the walls or in the tower but is still considered to be in the airspace unless it lands.

I'm not entirely clear on the rules governing melee vs. ranged weapons in this situation, but it makes sense that a flying unit with ranged attacks could engage melee units on the walls with impunity, only being subject to ranged fire (archers) in return, but a melee unit like Ansom has to get close enough to be vulnerable to counterattack.

As an aside, I love how strong the underlying world mechanics are in this comic. Besides creating a great deal of food for debate, this contributes to suspension of disbelief by allowing the story to proceed without tripping over logical inconsistencies.
    Last edited by Fighteer; 2008-12-23 at 11:06 AM.
    Proud, small, slightly stinky member of the fan club.

Clang, clang, clang goes the trolley / Ring, ring, ring goes the bell.
    Git away from me, ye daft fool!

Barky! You came back!