1. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 135 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 122

Quote Originally Posted by Altima View Post
    As long as Wanda is healed a single hit point, she'll be fully healed at the beginning of the next day, which is the start of GK's turn. Well, technically, Transylvito goes first, but there's no way they can make it to GK. Bats have sucky movement, and it'd be suicide to engage Stanley without them.

This isn't so odd. It may just be, frankly, a good idea. There are many TBS games in which 'neutral' cities are just there, and practically any time anyone sees a neutral city, it's meant to be conquered. Besides, Gobwin Knob is the most defensible city in the known world--wouldn't you want that under your control? It's also conveniently placed near Transylvito territory (never know who you're going to fight next), and the RCC has already sacked (and possibly razed) eleven other or so cities. Pillaging GK may allow them to recoup some of their war losses, which is mostly upkeep since they've been on the offensive.

As for Ansom's jerkass behavior, yeah, well, it sucks. The plot armor to keep his butt in one piece? Yeah, that sucks too. However, every time he rises, it's going to be all the sweeter when he's knocked down off of his pedestal, and I hope Wanda's there for that moment with the Arkenpliers waiting to see what happens when you crush a living being's head between them. And I hope Jillian watches.
    At least two of them could ride Jillian's Gwiffons if they can't make it on their own. As for the bats, they seem to be carried by the Warlords, Vinnie's bats have only twenty two move after all, and Jillian only wanted to take flyers with twenty six plus.

So he benefits from plundering it, he'd still be killing hundreds of people out of greed for Gold.

And why shouldn't we expect him to be catapulted back up to his pedestal the next time he's knocked off it? I mean, being disarmed, knocked of his mount, and surrounded by Uncroaked was reduced to a minor scare, if that can't stop him, what can?
    Last edited by Whispri; 2009-01-02 at 12:55 AM.