View Single Post

Thread: Lords of Europe IC

1. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Europe IC

Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfLife View Post
    Cursed

"WHAT!?" Cursed roared "There was a ground force as well? May they be damned! We shall salt the every earth they walk on! And we lost a whole quarter of our attacking force? I want a full report into what went wrong and I want reports sent to our metalworkers so that they can improve there drills and make better armor. But before they get back, have the main force deal with those 15 German ships. And I want information from those prisoners, why were they here, what were they looking for, why the attacks on the Fey, who is there leader, who else do they know who uses Fey, are there any more Fey outposts or groups. And most importantly find who among them will join our ranks as spies. Offer them a safe place for there family, we will reward them with land and power in the coastal towns we will take. "

Cursed gives several more orders than retires for the night, his dreams tormented with armies appearing out of no where.

Spoiler
    Show

My ignorance in this is Curseds ignorance as well.
    The new troops will be sent to gather resources, make weapons and armor. With the goblins being sent to learn the duties of mining and construction.

The 15 new ships are to be sunk (by the 4k of Naga, the other naga go back to there old duties) and, along with the other 5 ships, to be dragged back to the dry dock with ropes. There will be no prisoners taken this time.

Your operation is a success, since the German ships are retreating you take only 150 Naga casualties and manage to catch up with and sink them all.
    Your force commanders try to explain (or just excuse) that the tide of battle went against them [bad rolls], that they were outnumbered by the sheer amount of marines, sailors, ranged arms and the catapults and ballistas on the ships. The sister Naga you recused also note that ever since the Scottish-English war and the great disaster off of Essex Bay [in which the battle moved in the Fey's favor [good roll]] the regional navies have been updating their equipment to deal marginally better with underwater combat.
    Your industrial plans continue at a good pace.
    The German prisoners complain that they believed you were the vanguard of a Nordic fey alliance that has been wiped out recently by paranoid Scandinavians by motions set into current by the Fey Lord that annexed Iceland, Shtaal Tundra. Attempting to appease you one of the sailors suggests you contact him for an alliance and reward him if it works out, or even use him as a messenger as the sailor has distant relatives on Iceland. In general they beg for you to release them as not to incur the wrath of the Empire, but a number of the bachelors agree to take you up on your offer of local/regional land. The ones who wish to be released hint that if you let them go maybe they could convince their superiors to talk with the Swedish King.
    A few of the lower ranking personell and one of the officers you caught show an interest towards becoming spies, not only to save their lives, but to gain riches.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Orders:

Spoiler
    Show

All mercenaries and two of the naga clans enforcing my trade taxes (2000 naga) are to move to constantinople as soon as possible. All byzantine and mercenary ships are to guard both sides of the bosporus. Craftsmen are to inspect all the cities defences and improve them, where possible. Full battlestations.
    Eldan
    Spoiler
    Show
    You improve the defenses. The Regent is glad to see you and boasts that making you a King of Byzantium and further feudalizing the Empire (in your favor) is the best decision he ever made! With great enthusiasm (much due to your invigorating effect on the Empire) the army has already been mobilized and are ready to march out with you (he's got about fifteen thousand, leaving a few thou in the city). The Regent offers to make you Vice Battlelord of Contantinople, with limited command of a fraction of his personal army. He also offers to post part of his royal bodyguard with you, a bunch of fierce men with magical powers.

Quote Originally Posted by RationalGoblin View Post
    Janos Grunewald
    To the King of Denmark only:

"Would you also accept a trade agreement between my, ah, 'nation' and yours? I'm sad to say that the lord who owned my lands before I did over-hunted them. I'd be willing to give you a small supply of iron and stone in return for meat, furs, and other such necessities. One more thing. I will have need of a special sort of your troops in the future. I will give you more details later, and will repay you handsomely if these special troops, which I predict you don't use in your current armies."
    The King of Denmark (if I may Puppy) is unable to reply. You've an erratic report from your messenger on a fey-led coup and counter-coup led by the Holy Roman Empire. News is not yet back on who has been victorious.
    What you know is that Denmark joined the Anti-Fey coalition a few months ago, though it was a secret until recently when it leaked out.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2009-01-03 at 02:05 AM.