Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
Huh... the battle bears are quite well defended. The units on the siege towers are what I'm talking about. Their precious tower would defend golems from arrow fire, ground units would have a narrow walk way and it would take time to climb and I doubt hurling big rocks at the towers would end well. Unless your talking about Ansom, and somehow I don't think those golems will be quite as defenseless as the undead...

The golems would be worn down and it wouldn't make a huge differance, but it would help. Hmm... maybe the golems could take the supports of the towers. That would keep them close to the wall.

Oh yeah, doing so might damage the walls. That would end really badly.
Oh, I thought that you meant the golems would emerge at ground level. I see now you meant that they would attack the top of the towers. That would work better, if we assume that stronger units can't climb the towers to get at the golems.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJimBoBob View Post
What still has me disappointed is the way Charlie is set up as the decider. He arrived with enough Archons to take GK in one turn. Others have pointed out that a lot has changed since then, and they are right. But Charlie is no Ansom. He doesn't have allies about to flake out on him precipitating rash actions. Charlie, as an information broker, can be assumed to know that his Archons are fairly untouchable by the GK forces, while Charlie can easily afford the luxury of waiting until the uncroaked Jetstone forces crumble away. Charlie is in a position to give victory to Parson, to Ansom, or to himself. And that makes for a poor story.
Ah, but Charlie does not necessarily know about Stanley's return, which is almost guaranteed to take placeon GK's next turn, which because of Charlie's greed will be before he can capture GK.

I have no doubt that Stanley alone would be able to take out a number of archons, plus there are a few other full-strength dwagons with him, and perhaps most importantly, Jack.

That wouldn't be enough to save GK on it's own, now that Charlie is working with Ansom, but is Parson sallies forth to lead the uncroaked, I don't think the RCC will not have much luck breaching the walls.