Hehe. Interesting, Wolflord. We'll see if anything comes to mind.

And, even though I SHOULD be indexing or sleeping or something more productive, I've decided instead to continue the Destro/RHL series.
<<

Vinaigrette
Destro/Rabbit
Spoiler
Show

"But of all these friends and lovers, there is no one compares with you."
He had been following her voice, purposefully quiet. She hated to think anyone could hear her.
"And these memories lose their meaning
when I think of love as something new,"
Rabbit had been singing it frequently since the walk in the woods, under her breath, and she always halted when she could feel him near, unfortunately.
"Though I know I'll never lose affection for people and things that went before, I know I'll often stop and think about them. In my life I love you more."
She wasn't horrible... she just wasn't good, either. In anycase, it all came to a sudden stop, and the door of the room, opague, was thrown open.
"I know you're there, you old lich." Destro smiled and bowed himself into the room, the door having shrunk to accommodate the shorter necromancer.
She sat on a padded alcove, looking out the window, watching the snow finally melt away, so that patches of dark earth peeked up. Moving slowly, Destro stood behind her, glancing over her head to the outside world. The two went on in silence for some time, before Rabbit muttered just loud enough for Destro to hear.
"You know what I miss most about being alive?"
It was surprising. Never before could Destro recall Rabbit ever uttering anything to evoke thoughts of wistfulness regarding her undead stature. He had been quite certain, almost, that she had willingly chosen her current nature.
"What, my queen?" He hardly called her by her "title" any longer. It seemed an arbitrary thing, a formality no longer applicable between the two of them.
"Its not even the ability to feel cold or heat, or anything. Its not the certainty that perhaps I am capable of love, or the knowledge I'm not an abomination. It isn't the instincts, or the hormonal reactions to certain things. Its not smelling the freshly grown tomatoesin the garden that I still continue to grow, despite the fact I'm unable to do anything with them." Rabbit glanced up to Destro, her eyes wide with desperation and glassy-pink with unspilled bloody tears.
"I miss eating pickles."
And with that, she clenched her eyes closed and huffed a deep breath, droplets of precious carmine dripping from her eyelashes.
Destro smiled, pulling the undead woman against him in an embrace, and she whimpered.
"And I didn't really even like pickles, either!"

Mmm, it doesn't contribute nearly as much as the others, but I thought doing a small moment would be fun =)