1. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k -II- Tactics for the Tactics God

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I'm pretty sure Lorn is writing a report on our game yesterday, he was making screenshots.
    Short version: death to those who dare oppose the eldar.
    We had some extremely lucky and some extremely poor rolls on both sides.
    Yes, and here's the report. Spoilered due to size.

Spoiler
    Show

500 points Capture and Control mission with Pitched Battle setup. Objectives shown with the Chaos Missile Silo terrain pieces.

Armies:

Lorn
    Imperial Guard

Eldan
    Eldar

Deployment:
    Spoiler
    Show

Report:

Turn One
    The Imperial Guard got first turn, but couldn’t shoot much. The Chimera cruised forwards 6” and killed one Pathfinder with its heavy bolters.
    The Eldar turn was very similar; everything moved forwards, and the green Jetbikes claimed the lives of one brave Guardsmen in the Platoon Command Squad, then dodged back into cover. Meanwhile, the brown Jetbikes managed to get a Crew Stunned result on the Chimera.

Spoiler
    Show

Turn Two
    With the Eldar out of sight, the Guard didn’t really manage to kill anything this turn. However, the Platoon Command squad, incensed at the loss of one of their men, opened fire anyway at the Green jetbikes, and managed to kill one.
    The Eldar, meanwhile, did much the same as last turn; move forwards at full speed. The Harlequins managed to make it into some semblance of cover behind a large building, and the green Jetbikes managed to buzz past the Platoon Commander; in the process, killing one man. The real success came from the brown Jetbikes, who immobilised the Chimera…

Spoiler
    Show

Turn Three
    The Guard opened fire at the Eldar wherever possible. The black and brown squads destroyed one more green Jetbike with their heavy bolters, while the squads near the Senior Officer managed to kill one Harlequin at a range.
    The Eldar, meanwhile, moved into assault. The Harlequins ran in and proceeded to turn five Guardsmen into a fine mushy paste, losing one man in return. The Guard managed to hold the line, somehow. Meanwhile, the brown Jetbikes moved into assault with the blue Guard Infantry squad, killing two members – but again, the valiant men of the Imperium held fast against the skintight-armour wearing space elves.

Spoiler
    Show

Turn Four
    The Armoured Fist squad inside the Chimera disembarked, ready to run for the objective – the original plan having been made a mockery of. However, they lost one member to the Rangers shooting, while the black and brown squads moved back to cover the objective – losing two men to the remaining Eldar jetbike which had jumped over a building, parking itself squarely on the objective. The Harlequins and Autarch, meanwhile, proceeded to turn the rest of the Guard around that general area – aside from the blue squad – into more piles of fine goo. The Jetbikes assaulting the blue squad failed to kill any more Guardsmen, but lost one Jetbike in the process.

Spoiler
    Show

Turn Five
    Due to some confusion, we realised there was another turn, which is this turn. However, we forgot about the next… but anyway.
    The Rangers proceeded to destroy more Armoured Fist squad, while losing none of their number in return. Meanwhile, the Harlequins moved into assault with the black Infantry squad, killing six of them – one model less, and a draw would have been forced. The Jetbikes proceeded to lose another model and the Autarch joined the Jetbikes, killing three Guardsmen in a manner deemed too horrific to explain in too much detail.

Spoiler
    Show

When the dust had settled, there was a clear win for the Eldar – though it had been close, if the Harlequins had not killed one of those Guardsmen it would have been a draw.

Highlights and lowlights of the battle include but are not limited to me rolling to hit, getting four sixes with my four remaining lasguns, and totally failing to even wound anything.

In retrospect, I should probably have deployed right at the back with everything but the Chimera. I'd have got a totally unobscured turn of shooting at the Harlequins, and maybe they wouldn't have totally ripped my main line apart...
    Last edited by Lorn; 2009-01-11 at 01:34 PM.