Eastern Reaches, Farther out than normal...

"Come on, a bit farther. We haven't been this way before, and we may not get the chance for seasons!" Ranoth Jaelathor leapt up onto a rock, claws scrambling for purchase on the stone. He pulled himself up and leaped upwards, scrambling up the hill. "We're a good distance away from the Clan already - shouldn't we head back and tell them that there's only hill country for a day in this direction?" Ranoth simply laughed at Moran's protests. "You have no adventure in your soul, Moran! Don't we wander to explore unknown lands? Tell you what - if there's nothing interesting on the other side, we'll leave." Moran shook her head ruefully. "You'd find a wasteland interesting, Ranoth..." Nevertheless, she kept climbing.

Ranoth bounded up to the top on all fours, straightening up and sniffing the wind as Moran climbed up after him. Her jaw dropped as she looked down. "Sweet Light..." Ranoth gave a barking laugh as Moran stared down at the settlement below them. "And this is why we explore. Come on - we'd better take a look around before we head back to the Jaelathor. After all, we need to know what we're talking about..."

Spoiler
Show
First contact with the Welans - just to let you know, Omnik. I can't really name them before the Jaela know what they are...

Northern Reaches, with several hungry Jaela

"Told you boys that my nose was never wrong..." Sharea whispered at her companions as they looked cautiously down the knoll, using the long grass to mask their colorful silk and leather. A clan of goblin-like creatures were traveling in strange wagons, looking a lot like kobold-made contraptions.

"Well, even this close I can smell the food..." Karz was almost drooling from the smell coming from the clan's wagons. He glanced at his friends. "We go in, take the food, and run back to the clan?" Sharea nodded, as did Nevan and Woryl. Lathan only said, "It might work. More food is always a boon."

Nevan flipped out a small ivory dagger - he'd made it himself while traveling along the coast. "They'll never know what hit them. On the count of five?"

Several moments later, the caravan traveling to the Federated States of Agakaan was assaulted.

Spoiler
Show
First contact with the Gremlins.

...Why must my first contacts always involve outnumbered raids, Greystone?