View Single Post

Thread: Funny D&D Stories

1. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Funny D&D Stories

Okay, killmaster, this is how it works.

Your post isn't exactly long, per se, just, as previously noted, one giant run-on sentance. I'm sure the story is amusing, its just that ya aulde solid block of text discourages people from reading it. Commas, periods, and other basic grammar helps.

Also, for <Insert divinity of choice here>'s sake, use some bloody line breaks!

In an attempt to be on topic:

During a Fourth Edition game of D&D (Which is great, because it gets all that pesky 'combat' out of the way), the party was travelling wth a caravan headed up by an eladrin mage. The majority of the party was under the impression that they were there to protect the thing and travel for a change of scenery.

The actual goal of the trip was to protect the wagon from an expected raid by the theive's guild's rivals. The primary objective was to let a plant from the Guild make off with the loot we were "Guarding", secondary was to repel the rivals and possibly take them in for questioning.

One of the characters involved is a Doppleganger mage with your standard amnesiac backstory and some high-unctioning form of social retardation. (I would like to note to my fellow playgrounders that "Social Retard" is exactly what is written on aforementioned mage's character sheet.)
    Player decides that he wishes to acquire some drugs for his mage (Specifically "Sticky Icky") and starts tryying to acquire some from two of the obviously-Rogue NPCs.
    One (whom we later find out to be the Thieve's Guild plant) provided some drugs as soon as our mage "left some gold for the faries" and "took a walk" in the woods.

Aforementioned mage's Will defense was abysmall and he ended up fighting a pretty strong addiction for the next few days.
    He was also caught by the Party's Rogue (me), and given a stern lecture about watchstanding protocol.

Day three rolls around and the addiction is getting pretty strong. Having his defense repeadtedly beat in, he goes searching for another dose and gets some from the OTHER NPC Rogue (The guy I thought was the Thieve's Guild plant, he turned out to be a plant for the Rival Guild). This all takes place before his watch and before he casts eye of alarm.

Our mage then wanders off behind a rock somewhere, far-flung from the rest of the party, and ends up being "critted" by the drugs, and passes out into a drug-coma.
    The party is then promptly attacked as my watch ends and his begins (His watch partner was Rival Rogue, too.)

The only thing that prevented wholesale TPK was the DM deciding to not punish the party for good roleplaying and unlucky dicerolls and having the caravan master get up for a"midnight snack" and yell out that we were being amushed.
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2009-01-15 at 03:12 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP