Can't believe I've only just come across this thread...

But yeah, I got a couple of stories:
First ever campaign I've been in, I played a half-elf fighter- didn't give a damn about anything but money. Highlights of the campaign included the paladin attacking the psion in his sleep because he just had enough, everyone tying up the gnome bard and leaving them to die from exposure, and a wizards duel between a low-level red wizard's apprentice and the master sorcerer of the local area- bets were taken, and after a few misfires from the rod of wonder a one-time use special item was used- one that transports the foe to a room full of red wizards who obliterate them and send them back. Course everyone bet on the powerful sorcerer, apart from my guy who bet a single platinum piece on the apprentice... after the battle he retired and now lives in the pretty part of Waterdeep

Next character- an elven aasimar ranger who had been haunting the woods, encounters the party whilst on the run from bounty hunters- gets killed by 12 horsemen within 2 minutes. Meanwhile, the other characters included a tiefling, a drow, and a trigger-happy elven sorcerer... that campaign lasted long enough for the sorcerer to say "drow! fireball!" and "demon! fireball!" and "12 horsemen! er... no more fireballs... snap the wand of acid!" *insert giant steaming pool of acid and no sign of life for a couple of square miles*
Then we have one of the most well written campaigns- on behalf of the dm and players- in which there were a couple of emotional scenes... my character was a female robin hood, innovatively called Robyn Pariah- and she developed a lesbian relationship with the wild elf ranger... somehow the aforementioned trigger-happy sorcerer made a comeback and the campaign ended with the sorcerer planning to use a wand of meteor to get into a cave full of hostages- needless to say there weren't many hostages left afterwards... appalled by the lack of concern for the hostages, the wild elf charges at the sorcerer and promptly gets a lightning bolt to the face... my character witnesses in horror and runs to her side, the sorcerer walks away and I loose my arrow using my special unique homebrewed houseruled sublimely magnificent Robyn shot mark III- and miss by 1. lightning bolt, I'm dead.

And finally, one of the most random moments I've ever come across... my character is now a rogue/dancer- the prestige class that dazes your foe whilst you dance so you can stab them without them noticing, and we have another sorceress- a wise though not too intelligent one- and a human fighter who has one of those bags of holding that's like the luggage- always has the thing you ask for laying on the top. except the bag was slightly damaged, so there was a possibility it wouldnt be quite what you was after. Being stranded in the desert, the girls ask for some beauty products- specifically hair straighteners. What comes out of the bag are modern Babyliss hair straighteners... we start examining them trying to find how they're used- we read the word 'volt' on the plug so the sorceress uses a small electric jolt and the part thats supposed to heat up does so, and the plug starts crackling with electricity- so my rogue immediately sees the practical uses of it as an electricity/heat trap. Nevertheless, we get intrigued by this item and so decide to see what other wonders the bag contains by actually going inside it- and we end up in Bristol. Needless to say, the girls felt right at home- specially my dancer that came across a seedy nightclub...