As the appointed hour of the Herald's story draws closer, the crowd grows thicker and thicker; soon, they are spilling out the door, just to try to get close enough to hear. The crowd stirs and mumbles at the pair of minotaur in the room; unwelcome sights by many, particularly by the Knights, some few present here.

While the kender are mostly ignored, allowing Tigerlily a chance to 'find' some interesting objects that might just happen to have been dropped, a sudden hush falls over the crowd, as a human male, in his sixties, with white hair and a trim beard, moves over towards the stage, elevating him above most of the crowd, gesturing for quiet.

"I am known as the Herald," the older man says, once the room has sufficiently quieted. "The memories of Krynn are mine to know and share. In my dreams, I have lived many other lives. I have led men into battle, on the side of both good and evil. I have fought dragonback and wielded the mighty dragonlance. I have lived, loved, and died a thousand times. This eve, I will share some of my tales with you."

The crowd begins to shout, "Tell of Huma! Tell of Raistlin and the Dark Queen! Tell of Lord Ariakan's fall among the minions of Chaos!" A steely gaze from the Herald silences them once more.

"I have another story for you this evening," the Herald intones. "I shall tell you this day of a young girl named Mina, and of a great war, one fought not over control of Krynn, but of the souls of its people."

The Herald then begins to tell the story of the War of Souls, the events of which culminated in the return of magic, the return of the gods, and the death of Takhisis, along with many other, powerful individuals. The story portrays the Dark Knights in an ill light, something many of them, and their followers, object to. A DC 12 Perception check reveals a good portion of the crowd growing restless and angry, and grants a +4 bonus to initiative, when the fight starts.

When the Herald reaches the point in the tale where the minotaurs 'save' the Knights and annex the lands of the Silvanesti elves, this becomes too much for the malcontents to bear. Some of the crowd begins picking up clods of dirt, yelling and jeering at the bard. If nothing is done, soon, it's likely to break out into a riot!