Spoiler
Show
Not really. I'm just screwing with the grig's heads right now. They get bored easily and I know that a treetop city is not the most easily defendable place against a bunch of more or less airborne opponents.

Also, I knew that this would bug the grigs to no end. But don't worry, I have some nasty plans. The loss of one city that can be rebuilt is a small price to pay for the race's survival.

Canopy City

There was little to really loot except for some spider legs, bat wings, and birds eggs. There were also some precious stones and glittering rocks that some of the grigs might have fought over, but nothing too serious.

When they lit the fires, the wooden structures were engulfed in the conflagration. Everything was too easy. There was no resistance, no traps and no counterattacks.

Then the grigs smelled it. In the smoke, there was an odd fragrance. Many grigs began to feel dizzy and disoriented. They couldn't concentrate and many fell into a blissful druged daze.

The gari had left a present for the attrackers. Hidden across the city, they had stored bunches of flowers and herbs, things that really didn't seem important to the grigs compared to the precious stones and eggs. When the city began to burn, the drugs, often used in the Gari's shamanistic rituals and ceremonies, lit up as well.