Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
May I suggest Swooping Hawks? Yeah, you have a lot of Fast Attack, but these guys are great. Deep Strike for free anti-infantry barrages, hop around for anti-vehicle raids (Intercept is 5 points, so you can even use them on skimmers), and can provide spot fire support against sticky infantry units.

If not, just get a box of Guardians. They're cheap, and heck, maybe you can make Storm Guardians work.
For the rest of what you said, that was pretty much the conclusion I came to, I just tossed out the ideas to see if anyone else agreed with that.

As for the swooping hawks, I don't really see a big point of them over the warp spiders. Sure their weapon has good range, so even with its medoicre str it can do some damage, and the exarch gets some excelent weapon choices, but the range issue seems like a minor advantage for a unit that specializes in fast movement. The haywire gernades are good against vehicles, but as jump infantry they should be getting to the rear of almost any vehicle, and in that case the Str6 deathspinners are almost as useful (though the AP- hurts them). The gernade pack seems good though. As jump infantry they both get the free deepstrike now. At about the same point cost, and with the various abilities they seem fairly even against most infantry (though the gernade pack has the advantage on hordes), both seem good against most vehicles, the hawks having the advantage against the biggest stuff, but the spiders against the smaller stuff, and the spiders seem better against heavy infantry or MCs. And although it seems fairly common, I don't want to simply yo-yo the hawks.

I think they've got some good uses and I don't see using them or the warp spiders as being mutually exclusive, but right now I'm not sure they are different enough.

I would like to see what I could do with storm guardians and an avatar as well... I could probably squeese in another unit to do that (not that its much of an issue but I'm really trying to show constraint, which doesn't seem to be going that well)

I did notice that theWarStore has the falcon in bits form (from splitting apoc sets most likely) for a noticable amount less, so I might go with that and try making the crystal myself.