View Single Post

Thread: Blank Slate IC2

1. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Blank Slate IC2

Sea pursuit

"-Faster, you lazy scaly handbags !! I can see them gaining on us !!"
    "-Wind is blowing in front of us, we're doing our best but if we were sailing in the right direction..."
    "-The right direction is away from THEM !! We have neither the firepower nor the right to get caught !!"
    "-Yes, your excellence. The Blood Flower be praised, we won't fail !!"
    "-Yeah...I'm sure. Now, faster !! We must at least hold until dawn."
    "-Why for ? What's happening at dawn ?"

It was not exactly when it would happen but where : the ship was sailing right to the Underwater Jungle's direction. And even if it was slower than the trireme behind it, it would reach its destination in a few hours.

"-If only this wind could turn... Why isn't Xiren a wind goddess ?"

City of the Depths

"-Kappa !! Ship-Ship !! It's coming, mistress !! It's coming fast !!"
    The Naļade rose an eyebrow. Like some oriental princess, she was laying on a long chair, encircled by her most loyal (read dominated) Kali slaves. The sharkmen were bringing her small seafruits and shells to eat while she watched two large Kappas duel to the death for her amusement.
    "-And so what ? One of my sister is probably already moving to get it. And I'm full of lovers for now..."

Trullia wasn't the war-like type of fey. She was more concern about the next harvests of her territory than the surface dwellers, though she liked to have a steady supply of "flesh toys" like any naļades. As a dryad, she had learned that conflicts were to be avoided. Not doing so would only bring ruins in the end. Xiren had gifted her with a brand new domain, a race of weak minded soldiers and a fantastic palace inside a magical city. Why would she risk all of this ?

"-They got insect-fey on board !! And snake-men too !! And..."
    "-Insect-fey ? Grigs are traveling with Nagas ?!"
    "-Hu ? Y...yes, mistress. Kappa thinks so..."
    "-Go get my sharks. We'll go to the surface, after all. Gather a reduce guard as well. No more than a hundred Kappas. I'm bringing two lovers along to guide the sharks."
    The spy wouldn't have to wait until dawn, after all.

Spoiler
    Show

A force of Kappas led by a Naļade and two dominated Kalis is traveling to intercept the boats as soon as they'll near the Underwater Jungle.
    Expect "Sparta time" for your Shivan, as the Kappas are just dumb but strong 3-feet tall amphibians with poisonous skin. Feel free to kill them all.
    Last edited by Johel; 2009-01-18 at 08:30 PM.