In my experience, that's tactically dangerous, especially if there are a relatively equal number of strong and weak opponents. ALWAYS take out the opponent who has the greatest chances of dealing the most damage most often, FIRST. The smaller bears will need to roll higher just to hit, and won't do as much damage when they do. The brown bears are VERY dangerous, much stronger, can hit more often, and do more damage. (I'd rather take 5 damage a round for 5 rounds from a black bear than 15 damage a round for 2 rounds from a brown bear).

In a previous game, I confounded a DM by entirely IGNORING the horde of imps that kept swatting at me - I was playing a Dragon Shaman with Mithral Full Plate +3 and a badass shield, with feats that made the shield build even more effective. Add in natural armor, buffs, etc, and I had an AC of over 35 during the battle, meaning imps could only hit me on a natural 20. They COULD cast spells, however, but most were vs fort saves, which I was very good at overcoming. The real danger was the high level fighter and the wizard we were trying to kill, and so we stayed focused on them. Once the BBEG is toast, the little nippers fall like flies.

And as a side note, I'd like to remind Nis that Remus is bleeding BADLY. As in, I only have 20 HP left.