View Single Post

Thread: Masters of Undeath: The Deathcrafter

1. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Masters of Undeath: The Deathcrafter

As the free material component thing seems to be getting a lot of feedback, I changed it. Any better? If not I might just scrap the idea and go with the other one, where the caster can cast Create Undead as a full round action instead of its usual 1 hour casting time (and in the process remove the need for that urn full of brackish water. Who would carry that around, seriously?) I liked Lochar's Idea of decreasing it from the total cost too, but I wasn't sure if it would be a significant enough decrease. I'm strongly leaning toward that idea though.

I also thought about removing the last level of spellcasting to balance it out a little more. Then that gave me the idea of enabling the caster to control the undead he creates with the "Create undead" spells as easily as she controls skeletons and zombies. Keep in mind, at best the player will be 20th level by the end of this class. (By that time a straight dread necromancer would be a better than average lich for free.) Any thoughts?

As for the fluff requirements, I generally like to leave those open for whoever's DMing so that the class can be more easily adapted to any campaign setting. If, for example, this class were for those devoted to Nerull or Orcus, then it would have a hard time fitting into Eberron. (Also, there's little a lich fears more than not being able to come back.) Besides, everyone likes the undead, I don't think I have much more to add to this class' fluff than anyone who would be playing it, so forgive me if it seems a little generic. The class was designed around the idea that all these crazy undead "Created by insane necromancers" had to come from somewhere, why not a PC? Especially if the PC is an insane necromancer.
    Last edited by Jarrick; 2009-01-25 at 01:35 AM.