1. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 139 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 126

Quote Originally Posted by Welf von Ehrwal View Post
    Or his 6.000+ troops including lots of heavies and healers, his own impressive leadership bonus or his powerful ally up in the sky. He obviously can only survive by pure plotpowers.
    Well, that's exactly what I'm talking about. We can go in circles, "Ansom has 6000 troops!" "Parson is God in a fat suit!" and never decide anything. Ultimately, the outcome is up to the authors. Ansom could have 6000 archons, and Parson could be naked with a toothpick, and if the Authors so choose, they can reveal that it is in fact the ArkenToothpick with the power to vaporize all Archons within a 3 hex radius.

Since the pattern of the story has been give and take, I wonder at how eagerly everyone's jumping on "This is it! The last one!"

Other thoughts unrelated to the above.

There is in fact a limit on stack sizes. Unless, of course, there are max stacks, and then oops, I meant not-so-max stacks. Which, snarkiness aside, I'm not discounting the possibility of. Personally I think max stack size is related to the size of the unit. Bats are small. Gumps, not so much. Maybe I said this somewhere else or only just thought it, but IMO that's just another reason Archons are way too powerful: They're rather small.

The original question is way up there, but I too am very curious what Wanda was hoping to do with those spells after Gobwin Knob was overrun and they were confiscated in the name of Jetstone. Maybe she's hoping she can convince the RCC that it's perfectly safe to leave a huge stockpile of spells in the hands of a former enemy who will certainly overlook her huge grudge against Ansom and whose new Loyalty score after turning is, in fact, perfectly respectable.
    Last edited by Tubercular Ox; 2009-01-27 at 03:14 AM.