Coid, screw you female friends. Or on second thoughts, don't, that seems to be the problem.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Anyway I would say that you should stop worrying so much about what other people think. If you feel ready to date again, date again.

Sharp, you did the right thing and I must say I am both proud of you and respect you for making that move. Well done, sir. Don't worry about your ex - everything she has, she has brought upon herself. Best of luck with that sweet girl and take it easy (also, start at the very beginning. After all, it is a very good place to start.)

evil, you might want to be with her, but she doesn't want to be with you. There's nothing you can do about that, and you just have to move on. Theres no key. Theres no trick. It just takes time. If you need someone to confide in, try one of your other friends, or if that doesnt work both here and in the Depression thread people will listen to you. You can also PM me if you need someone to talk to.

Random update: Rachel now has a 23 year old boyfriend (she is 17), and my best mate has split up with his girlfriend. He is dropping out of school and she is into heavy drinking and drugs. What the hell happened to all my friends?