Just before leaving, Esther turns and speaks to Mira. With her back turned, she quickly flicks her eyes right. The side door.

Those within have insisted that I go alone. Don't worry, I shall be fine. But please - keep yourself out of trouble ...

And with that, she turned and walked into the warehouse, hands outstretched to show that they were empty. Standing on the thin divider between light and darkness from the warehouse, she spoke, maintaining a clear, neutral, expressionless voice in the face of the somewhat worrying welcome.

I'd thank you for your hospitality. As a gesture of good will on your part - although I would understand your reluctance to do so - perhaps we can share this little mere of light? Should we be face to face, we lessen risk of being overheard - yes, even here, prying ear may hear us.

Regardless - to business. I presume that you are aware of a Mr Turket Regg. If I may - was it he who requested that you send a spotter to this Hive's Landing Spire Iota today, at a certain time? Please do not see my question as impudence, it is important for both our sakes.