View Single Post

Thread: Final Fantasy: Crystal Quest

1. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy: Crystal Quest

Nowe lets Krjn go to walk on her own power "There you go, youll be good in no time, Krjn..." Nowe turns to his allies and suddenly acts very wise compared to before. "Proteus, habeas corpus!" Before sighing gently and continueing to say "Carpe diem. Iacta alea est... Friends, cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of war!"

Spoiler
    Show

habeas corpus; leteraly meaning "you must have the body" but used to represent that a person cannot be held without trial/a person cannot get away without punishment (so Nowe means that Proteus will face his judgement and get his comuppance.)

Carpe diem; "seize the day"

Lacta alea est; "the die is cast" a famous quote by julius caesar in real life.

cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of war; a quote from shakespear (by julius caesar in the play julius caesar)

these moments of Nowes wont come often. but he might make the odd comment like this. he is after all 57 and studied most his life, but his still young in Nu Mou terms.
    Last edited by littlebottom; 2009-02-08 at 12:51 AM.
    easy 1 step guide to impersonating Sean Connery;
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    Phn'glui mglw'nafh Roland GITP not-wagn'nagl not-fhtagn!