Quote Originally Posted by Person_Man View Post
OK, crazy little special material I just noticed in Complete Warrior, pg 136.

When drawn, weapons made of Pandemonic Silver force everyone within 30 ft to Save vs Fear. Failure means that they Cower for 1d4 rounds.
Gnome Quickrazor? Free action to draw/stow.

Quote Originally Posted by Person_Man View Post
The Save DC is based on the strength of the wind around you, topping out at DC 28 if you can get tornado (175 mph+) wind.

So is there any way to get Control Weather or some similar effect in a fashion that doesn't take 10 minutes to cast? Gust of Wind would work, but then the Save DC would only be DC 19 (which would still work with a debuff build).
An air elemental or djinni has whirlwind... anyone have any idea what the wind speed is on that? Instrument of the Wind (Magic of Faerun, p. 161) might help there, 11000 GP, summon large air elemental whenever you like with a Perform DC 15 check.

Wind Walk provides winds up to 60 mph... but takes you 600' straight up, I think, so staying within 30' of your targets might be problematic. There might be several ways to pick up wind walk.

Boreal Wind (Frostburn) says it's stronger than Gust of Wind, but doesn't specify how strong... probably safe to assume 51 mph, so DC 22.

Flaywind Burst (Sandstorm) goes up to 70 mph, so DC 22 again. Does damage, you might need an immunity to earth-based effects.

Sandblast (Lost Empires of Faerun) is a cone-shaped burst, instantaneous, earth damage again, but it does specify that it is hurricane-force. 75 mph minimum, so DC 25. I'm not sure how you'd combine it with drawing a weapon.

Greater Whirlwind (Complete Divine) is the only thing I can find other than Control Weather that creates Tornado-level winds.