"Don't know about that, friend." replies the man to Shimar's postulation. "These tracks look like a kobold's to me..." He continues to scan the area, obviously convinced the threat is not entirely gone.

None of the party detect any nearby enemies; the area seems completely abandoned of any humanoids, or anything else that might be considered a threat.

After a moment of silently glancing about, Len shifts gears and rather abruptly begins a thorough search through the remnants of the encampment. Within moments, she finds a small sack within one of the tents, and peeks inside. "Hey, Harry. Check this out." She pulls out a few items of interest, and hands them over to Harold. Among them a crudely-drawn map - which he interprets to lead to the site of the excavation (it appears to be somewhere in the higher terrain, but thankfully it does not seem to be more than an hour's walk away) - and a journal of sorts. Flipping through the pages, he can easily surmize it's a log. There isn't much of note, until he begins to read later excerpts.

Day 75

"...Against my warnings, the team thought it necessary to strip the ruin of the ancient holy symbols that decorate its walls. Am I the only one who thinks this place may be accursed by the old magics? There were even engraved warnings that told of doom befalling those who fail to acknowledge them; and the haunting air of the ruin does not make me wish to test it as eagerly as these louts. They are blinded by their greed."

Day 77

"...In deeper reaches of the ruin is only more that we do not understand. We have encountered strange curse of sorts, that attacks the body as if it were of a plague-ridden carcass. Several were infected with this 'disease', if it could be called such; I, for one, see this as a shamanic hex. The men's faces are covered in boils, they puss and bleed and ache. Their skin, oh god, their skin...it looks as if it begins to rot off their bones. The expedition leader was also affected. We meant to send him and the others back, but, our ship has mysteriously disappeared. Some think it may have been taken by pirates said to sometimes hide on the far-end of the isle. I know the truth: the isle swallowed it whole. This expedition is damned."

Day 80

"...We've been hearing things moving about the camp at night; our hunter Quiggley says we've attracted the attention of some of the larger game found on the isle. He says we don't have to worry about it, as long as we keep our fires lit and take a few other precautionary steps. I pray we've not brought more of the isle's wrath upon us; we've enough to worry about without being stalked by beasts.

Daniel - the lead-archaeologist's assistant - is also still missing, along two of our other men. Last we heard from them, they were investigating a secret passageway found in the ruin. However, we've found no evidence of such a passage, and any knowledge there may have been of one was lost last night, when the expedition leader finally succumbed to the 'strange illness'."

Day 92

"With our team falling-apart, and our supplies dwindling, we're in disarray. Some have taken to hunting the creatures of the isle; most have been killed in the attempt. Apparently, one must not only be aware of the beasts of this isle, but the plant-life as well.

I'm confident that Lord Claudius has noted our failure to keep him apprised of the situation, and will send help soon. We've followed the directions of the original surveying team exactly; they should have no trouble finding us when they arrive. My only difficulty now lies in maintaining some calm among those of us left."
There are no further entries.