Quote Originally Posted by teratorn View Post
Erfworld seems like a computer version of a boardgame. If you play Ansom you're ignorant of what is happening in the hexes you're not in. For example, Ansom didn't see Sizemore's tactics in the tunnels. It's not easy to emulate with a bunch of players around a table, unless each one is seeing what is happening in their own laptops on the hex they're in.
Well, when I think about it, "fog of war" (players only seeing parts of maps where they have troops) would probably be quite difficult to implement in a boardgame, although not impossible.
On the other hand, I cannot think of a turn-based computer game where player B would take actions while it's player A's turn - I am talking about taking part in combat resolution (some of the examples would be Parson choosing and commanding "fighting retreat" tactics during RCC turn or Parson giving orders during dungeon defense - again during RCC turn).
Plus, I believe the authors mentioned that the rules for the game actually exist and they consider publishing it separately. I don't think it makes sense to publish rules for a computer game that does not exist.
So boardgame probably makes more sense.