Yoshiko Watanabe

Yoshi breathed hard as the battle was over, but was about to go after the demon again when her mind got the best of her.

If Mikel was here, I'm sure he'd be furious at my siding with one of the underworld... But if was for a human life... No, that wouldn't matter.

She thought back to a conversation she had with Mikel once:

"...nonetheless, demons are nothing more than brutal monsters capable of destroying an entire human town or perhaps the whole human race. One day they might try and it will be us who will have to fight, the humans are much too weak and mere." He had said after a while of talking about the subject.

"But why can't the Holy One fight for his creations?" I had asked. "Or what if a demon was... good?"

"You expect the Lord to actually fight? He created demons as well, did he not?" Mikel had said loud but softened his voice and stroked my cheek. "My sweet Yoshiko, there is no such thing as a good demon. They are all evil and filth."

"But..." I looked down and cleared my throat. "What if the demon was somehow helping. Where we don't know how or why, but it is helping people?"

"Silence." He had leaned in closer. "It will never happen, and you need not think such dangerous thoughts. Trust in God and you will know..."

The sound of Chiyo's voice knocked her out of her memory and she looked up in time to see Chiyo walking away and then teleport out of the scene. Yoshi walked over to Jinenji and the other girls, and stood there awkwardly, her thoughts still thousands of miles away in a place unlike heaven called Heaven.