Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
Celeste smiles and tucks the bill into the bosom of her dress. She swings her legs around to sit more comfortably on the stool. She hadn't expected him to pay up, and now that he had... "Well then, cowboy, you just bought yourself a little extra time." She pours herself another shot of whiskey and offers some to Kerfuffle. "You poor, lonely thing. I bet your nights have been mighty cold since then. I hate that for ya." She swirls the liquor around in her glass for a moment, then tosses it back. "What was your name again, cowboy? Because I feel a little like celebratin' - I just got myself one of those new telephone gadgets." She smiles proudly. A picture on the front page of the paper catches her eye and her smile falters for a moment as she purses her lips in thought. Still, not wanting to chase off a potential good time, she quickly shakes it off. Was that deathslayer7 in the paper? I thought she left town.
He chuckles a little. So you remember the money, but not my name, huh? He takes her up on the whiskey. My name's James. A telephone, huh? Fancy. He downs his shot. So, been keeping busy?