I don't know. I enjoyed the page, but a little part of my brain is still wondering:

:why Charlie allowed this to happen (tons of potential reasons, but since we never get inside his head, we're left grasping at invisible straws)

:why the archons don't swoop to catch Ansom. That is something they could legitimately do without using Yet Another Archon Power (TM). If they won't even do that much without orders, they must be amazingly annoying to work with. Jillian didn't appear to have to micromanage them attacking the dwagons.

:why Ansom is suddenly so much more of a prig. Sure he's a bit uptight here and there, but he's had one communication with Parson. Except for overreacting during that contact, I don't recall seeing him that fanatical about Royalty. It makes his comeuppance more enjoyable of course, especially for those predisposed to dislike him.

:why Ansom, who has been hit with one unusual attack after another, isn't a LOT more cautious approaching a large armed opponent.

I hate to see him go squish, I'd groan if Jillian swooped in to save him, I wouldn't be surprised if the Archons pulled a last second save, or if he survives much as Wanda did. He's lacking his protective helmet this time, but maybe he can land on Bogroll. On the other hand, it certainly would fit if he died or was captured and caused the allied forces to retreat.