View Single Post

Thread: Finally the four words! (spoiler)

1. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Finally the four words! (spoiler)

Quote Originally Posted by Cúchulainn View Post
    So all you're asking us to do is concede that our totally awesome and right opinion could be wrong? I'm pretty sure that's how holy wars are started...
    Actually I don't even think it's that much. You can be TOTALLY convinced this is it, issue settled. Or not, if you prefer that option.

Just allow that while you are correct, it is possible that someone may have gone into it with a more literal-minded expectation. So their experience might have been a little different. "That's it? Really? Are you sure?"

And those of you who think it HASN'T happened and want to stick to their guns about it, can maybe debate those who're more convinced it HAS but are willing to concede the possibility of error.

It's just the backslapping, "GOD, people are actually QUESTIONING this?!," "the four words are OVER! -- AMEN to THAT, poster #3, I can't believe these guys!" clique-ish behavior that I'm calling out. Those kind of statements don't even allow an opening for the other side argue their case -- they're wrong because they're wrong, the prevailing group Hive Mind has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Cúchulainn View Post
    Anyway I guess we're back to the indignancy I love, wish I could say this is how I wanted things to turn out though. Fact is I tried to prevent this from happening, discussion on this subject is ultimately pointless. If you just want us to admit there is a possibility we could be wrong, I think we can all admit to that, we're none of us that narrow minded. I suppose I just don't want this to be the new 'dozen opinionated topics later' fad on the forums, it's boring and no one is going to be convinced either way.
    You were fine! Nothing at all to complain about.
    Last edited by B. Dandelion; 2009-03-04 at 09:54 AM.