View Single Post

Thread: Finally the four words! (spoiler)

1. - Top - End - #146
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Finally the four words! (spoiler)

Huh, I find this thread very interesting. The prophecy can be interpreted many ways, and prophecies are supposed to be vague.
    So....
    Don't say there weren't four words in there, that's silly, and much settled, just count them.
    The prophecy fits. Dubiously? Yes, nobody will argue that it's cut and clear. If you don't interpret the events, it doesn't entirely make sense, but it fits and therefore it's possible.
    Now, it's like the ominous "death" of Belkar. He can die, or another number of things, and the prophecy would suggest he'd stay that way. However, he can be "revived" and then return to his previous state. As long as the year doesn't end, Belkar may keep breathing. It's much the same, if you don't want to believe this is ultimate arcane power, then it simply wasn't the right time/being/words. The title seems pretty definitive, though.
    Anyway, prophecies are supposed to be ambiguous, and you can assume "how" meant "in what fashion/manner/situation" and "achieve" meant "get", but assuming "ultimate" equates to the combination of some epic casters doesn't quite sound right. For many, that would be ultimate, but for V (or the oracle for that matter) it may not.
    IN CONCLUSION: It is very possible that these are the four words, and most things suggest it is. It's possible they're not. Realize you may not get a more definitive answer. Me? I'll wait for the next strips. :P
    Last edited by Niesra; 2009-03-04 at 11:39 PM.