Boreale

Spoiler
Show

Spoiler
Show
You don't sense anyone there, but, more disturbingly, your power extends to near its full arc behind you. In the 170 metres directly out of the door that you just left, there is less than one metre of solid wall.

In response, Master Indrick flips a switch next to him, booting up a remote communication panel. His fingers patter across the controls for a short while.

I shawl leave anohther to explain - thihs shawl require my fuhll concentration. All so, bohth grouhps of survivors shuld hear this.

On the display, the whirl of static pixels deforms a little, then disappears, to be replaced by a pair of scenes. One, the larger, depicts the marines you arrived with, donning their helmets and sealing their suits. The smaller shows a grey-armoured marine - a Relictor, Lucius ever-tolerant gaze will be happy to behold - together with a stern looking black priest, and, peeking over his shoulder, a nervous-looking Sister Dialogous.

Gentlemen?

Fire Control
Spoiler
Show

The display, so late the happy seat of the red pie, flickers back into life as a surge of emergency power runs back through your part of the ship. Only it lights, however, and not very brightly at that - someone's directing power directly to it.

A pair of scenes slowly materialise on it.. One, the larger, depicts the marines you arrived with - Lucius is hazed with the after-energy of a sustained psychic action, Boreale rests behind him in an enormous psychic-hood like consturct, and Mercut looks around anxiously. The smaller shows a grey-armoured marine - a Relictor, together with a stern looking black priest, and, peeking over his shoulder, a nervous-looking Sister Dialogous.

Gentlemen?

Both speakers
Spoiler
Show
I'm sorry for these circumstances; I realise that many of you will suspect treachery. Foresight may often seem that way. As you know, the hull's just been compromised. Boreale spoke to me just before we left - if the instructions you have received then have seemed odd, it's because we needed a conceivable justification to get you up to the top of that ship. My crew and I are aboard our ship, but as far as I can tell, your group is the only part that ... well, you may wish to look out of one of the periscopic vision slits.