Quote Originally Posted by pendell View Post
Remind me again exactly what strip these rules were specified in? I know that Jillian became a barbarian when her city was conquered.

Raises a question.

Why is there even a surrender mechanism, if it has the same impact as if the other side killed everyone?

Respectfully,

Brian P.
The leadership and casters do have some possibility of surviving as a captured unit.

Parson would definitely be captured, since that is required by Charlie. Wanda would almost certainly be croaked, given Ansom's chat with her. Sizemore's outlook doesn't look good after what he's done, but Maggie isn't well known.
Still, I don't think I'd want a very low loyalty *thinkamancer* ... poking in my brain and handling communications. :)

As for the rest of the units, they're definitely not worth the trouble. They can't flee the city; no move, and it is surrounded anyways. The RCC certainly isn't going to pay their upkeep out of the goodness of their hearts.
RCC could let them out to wander the wilderness until they starve from lack of upkeep, perhaps, but that isn't any better.
Croaking or disbanding is the only future for them, sadly. Nonexistence; good as death, but at least it should be less painful than getting stabbed by an eager elf.

Thus the expectation that only Parson would survive a surrender.