Quote Originally Posted by Warren Dew View Post
A literal interpretation - that every single possible wrong reason must be implicated - makes the prophecy even less accurate. Vaarsuvius isn't doing it to help Xykon control the gates, or to help the snarl get free, or to help the dirt farmer annoy his wife, or any of a myriad other wrong reasons.
Well... ummm... what?

Are you saying you won't think the prophecy is fulfilled until he's doing it for the dirt farmer?? Or are you imagining that I think this for some unfathomable reason? I think "all the wrong reasons" is just a saying. There doesn't have to be every wrong reason ever. It doesn't have to mean that every single reason he has is wrong. It means that his main reasons for doing this are wrong.

See TV Tropes. Feel free to ignore the actual section on OOTS, as you obviously disagree with it. But the rest still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatteredtower View Post
Hey, it worked for me as well, but mainly because we only got the reasons. If it takes a lot of twisting to make those the right four words.
Not trying to be a grammar Nazi here, but you lost me with this. Possibly because it's 4:40 in the morning. Based on what I *think* you're saying, it seems to me that those are perfectly reasonable words without any twisting. So again, we're down to difference of opinion.