Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
That sir, was one massive Chekov's Gun!

I, too, was shocked to find Ansom and Bogroll dead. Well done! Too bad Sizemore couldn't grab the Pliers though.
Were you really suprised? Bogroll fell on the middle of the coalition forces. After having cracked their leader's skull after a fake surrender. His only true hope would be Sizemore poping out, but alas, Bogroll isn't a mancer. He's a lackey, and altough very loyal, also very expendable. As a garrison unit, Hamster logistic side knew he would be no good once the city was abandoned. And no good risking Sizemore in a rescue atempt. Twolls must be much easier to come by than dirtmancers.

As for Ansom also being dead, well, I believe the game has a HP mechanic. Ansom had already fought a lot that day, draining that HP to shrug the blows from all the undeads and Wanda. His HP should be on his last digits. This allowed Bogroll, as a heavy, to score those final points and bring him down. Hamster had the mathmancy artifact. He would surely send someone who had a good chance of taking out Ansom for good.

Goodbye Bogroll. You were the best Lackey an evil overlord could have asked for, serving even in death.

What caught me by suprise was the city colapsing. Brilliant, and the dots were all there, but I couldn't connect them. Lure the coalition inside and then bring the whole thing down on them.

And so ends the battle for Gobwin Knob. What will follow now? My bet is, Stanley returns, sees most of his army is still alive and kicking, and decides to go in one last quest to get all the tools, with Hamster as his chief warlord. After some discussions of course, but Stanley isn't really in a position to abandon any more troops.