Great page. Really brought back that "Parson wins in spite of everything" feeling to the strip, which had been absent for a long time.

I'm extremely surprised that most of you don't seem to realize that Ansom HAD to die both offscreen, and abruptly. He is not a villian, a hero, or a main character. He's a caricature, and a hint as to the scope of the conflict.

This is a character and idealogy study, and Ansom did not possess enough personality to last forever. Stanley may not, either. I wouldn't count anyone out, as far as turning into a major villain.

The particular venue, a turn based strategy game in which the most barbaric and unimaginable things are just things you put your cursor on, is probably both the inspiration, ironic tone, and conclusion of the entire story.

And don't forget Zamussels....I'd love to write some stuff, but I wouldn't want to taint the possibilities.

BTW on Sizemore, he collapsed the escape routes before collapsing the city. That entire sequence could have taken 15 minutes, as far as we know. There's no reason to believe he's a Dirt God.