Quote Originally Posted by Ferrin View Post
Even for the benefits granted by the class it seems to weak, you'd still die by most classes with anything like evasion for example and you give up to much for the damage increase for your spells. It also lacks the bit that says it doesn't add the damage to each missile of magic missile. Obvious, I know, but still useful to put that bit in.

Another issue with the class is that you can't be a warmage and enter this class, you should change the prequisites slightly to, for example; "Requires you to be able to spontaneously cast at least two 1st level spells and two 2nd level spells of the evocation school." And just so you know, you can't have only cantrips of the evocation school.

The Metaevocation ability is a bit to weak to my tastes, it's similiar to the incantatrix's ability, with the advantage that it can reduce it to 0, but disadvantage that it only works for 1 metamagic feat. Also clarify whether you want to let people to be able to choose the same metamagic feat twice.

Only evocation spells is kind of... deadly. You need some versatility in it, and need to put it in a flavorful way.
Hmm, I hadn't thought it could be misconstrued that way, but now I see that you're right, thanks. I added a line on that.
Do you think increasing the damage to, perhaps, 3d6/6d6/9d9/12d6/15d6 and specifying that evasion and similar effects cannot avoid or reduce this damge would help?

Durrr, I totally forgot about cantrips. xD
And that it a good idea anyway, thanks! I altered it to just say that their class can no longer cast non-evocatons, not that they can't know any.

Ah, yes, thanks, that needed clarification.

I know it gives up a lot of power, but I just like the theme of a character who only attacks, ad Evocation suits that. Can you suggest other ways to compensate?

Thanks for the comments, very helpful! ^^