Quote Originally Posted by Myou View Post
Hmm, I hadn't thought it could be misconstrued that way, but now I see that you're right, thanks. I added a line on that.
Do you think increasing the damage to, perhaps, 3d6/6d6/9d9/12d6/15d6 and specifying that evasion and similar effects cannot avoid or reduce this damge would help?

Durrr, I totally forgot about cantrips. xD
And that it a good idea anyway, thanks! I altered it to just say that their class can no longer cast non-evocatons, not that they can't know any.

Ah, yes, thanks, that needed clarification.

I know it gives up a lot of power, but I just like the theme of a character who only attacks, ad Evocation suits that. Can you suggest other ways to compensate?

Thanks for the comments, very helpful! ^^
That's not what I meant with the evasion part. I meant that you should have a class ability that can at least partially negate the ability in a flavorful way, something to catch them unawares or the like.

The extra damage is not what I think is needed, more like extra spell slots, seeing as you're going to be the most useless thing imagineable when you run out of them, and with your class abilities you run out of them REALLY fast.

Only being able to cast evocation spells is a big hit, you might want to consider giving the class some form of protection, like allowing them to wear at least light armor, it's the least you can do considering that they really do lose a ton of survivability.

Hmm, seeing as you're practicaly a siege weapon I'd consider giving it some effects similiar to that of the Recaster(Races of Eberron) and Archmage to compensate the obvious lack of customizability, and to add a ton of fun to your widened fireball hitting at 4 places at once with sonic damage.