1. - Top - End - #662
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice, The Seventh Saga

reorith, Serp makes a good point, but I had kind of gathered from your post that she was the kind of girl who is always having "issue's" etc, and complaining about stuff, and inventing drama - or even possibly lying about the whole situation in an attempt to get attention. Of course, it may be that she legitimately is having trouble or needs help - in either case, passing her on to a call centre number is probably a good idea.

There's a good quote from Stephen King's The Stand about this sort of thing - I'm not sure on exact, but it goes something like "It's hard enough for a man to keep his own shoes tied without constantly checking on someone elses." So, yes, it's important to help other people whenever and however you can, but even more important is to recognise that people can only really help themselves, and sometimes just need to be let on their own so they stop relying on others all the time and get some backbone.

So, yeah - help if you can but don't get caught up in it, and if you need to, Block on Internets and Phone.

-Felix.

edit: Oooh, I like Quin's idea, too. She's so smart.
    Last edited by Felixaar; 2009-03-23 at 05:12 AM.
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street