I decided to take ot the extra spell slots, to better fit the theme of caster who attacks without heed to strategy or caution - they burn up their spell slots really quickly, but they burn brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrin View Post
No need, instead just add this little bit to Elemental Control; "This ability counts as Energy Substitution[All] for meeting prequisites." At least that's what I would do.

Let's you get Energy Admixture without wasting a feat, and you could change the 9th level to another -level to a metamagic, or all metamagic feats for that matter, or a bonus metamagic feat.
Well, I could do, but I quite like the current arrangement. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
Or possibly...
Mind-Fire Evocation (Su): When a Furious Evoker casts an Evocation spell that allows a Reflex save, (X times/day) she can change the granted save to a Will save.
Or...
Wrathful Evocation (Su): As Mind-Fire Evocation (above), except the save can be made into a Fortitude save instead.
Those are a good idea, but I'd prefer to limit them to reflex saves, rather than let them target weak saves with each spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
You're already effectively giving them 10 feats (E-sub fire/elec/acid/sonic/cold + admix of the same), so I'd just copy the feat description and put it at +4 metamagic.
Energy Substitution (All) and Energy Admixture (All) really aren't the equivalent of ten feats, more like 4, especially when they're likely to know spells of suitable elements to begin with.

I have it at +2 because it's as if they have Metaevocation both times in it.

But if it really is too powerful, perhaps they should just have to choose one element? I think that works quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Stycotl View Post
this is interesting, and i am curious to see how it turns out. so far i agree with the majority of the criticism it has received, and think that it is being refined fairly well. i might have some comments on it when i am not distracted by the class i am supposed to be paying attention to.
Why thank you. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Pramxnim View Post
I think the save DC increase is seriously overkill. +10 DC over 9 levels to all spells that this guy casts (all of his spells are evocation anyways) is... too much. A 0th level spell cast by this guy normally has a save DC higher than a 9th level spell, not counting bonuses from a high casting attribute. I suggest lowering the DC increase to +1 at each increment and make the increases at lvls 1, 4, 7 and 10. This way it sounds more plausible.

I understand you are trying to make Evokers viable for play, but keep in mind that other classes need to shine too!

EDIT: The furious Evoker can still cast Universal spells, can't they? Since those don't belong to any schools.

EDIT 2: The bonus damage from Sudden Slot burn is the same type of energy damage as the spell dealing HP damage, is it not? It would be a nice way to boost the damage from Magic Missile then (5d4+5 + 8d6 Force damage, no save, autohit)
The thing is that failing an evocation save just means you take damage, failing a SoD means you lose. Also, evocation spells are too easy to negate/dodge.

I'm not a big fan of evokers, but I just like the idea of a sorcerer going crazy and blowing all his spells to do some really serious damage. He still loses out to batman wizards though. xD

No, he can only cast Evocations. There aren't any Universal spells he'd have to have though.

Yes, it is. ^^