Quote Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
Welcome Joan of Arkenpliers (guessing on the name). You've joined such illustrious companions as Charlie and Stanley the Tool.

Anyone thinking that she is not attuned to the pliers and is just standing there in awe before being burned alive are probably the same people that thought Wanda was scared when Tool told her Jillian was in the dungeon. The panel in context doesn't make sense if she is not attuned. There would be no point in showing a completely non-burning person holding the pliers. You would instead show the pliers either being blown from the volcano in the explosion or them sinking into the lava. It's basic storytelling. It is also the second time she has been shown with the pliers. Refer to page 132 (comic 145) panel 3 here. We have a new player in the quest to attain the tools.

Edit: Btw, my guess is "Thus ends Part 1: The Battle for Gobwin Knob"
You are incorrect. The attuned tools have a different look to them. The pliers currently dont, therefore they are NOT attuned to Scarlett. I would imagine that there would be a little visual display at the moment of attunement too, which we havent had, although thats just conjecture.

Both this and the other time she was seen holding the pliers were to establish where they were for the readers. The first time to show that hadnt captured them as some conjectured he might, and this time to show that they havent been taken out of GK and are thus vulnerable to the volcano. The eruption is not over yet so being blasted somewhere or sinking is still possible.

We dont know why Scarlett is not currently on fire. Maybe she is somehow fire resistant as you claim, but maybe she is just standing somewhere that hasnt turned to lava yet, or maybe she's standing on Ansoms carpet, which is currently unaccounted for, or maybe she IS on fire up to the knees but hasnt taken enough damage to die yet, or maybe something else which we havent thought of. Personally I'm in the "stare of the doomed" camp, but I wouldnt bet serious money on it. I doubt she has the carpet since that was in the tower zone and I'm not an archon could bring it down to her even if it wanted to, but again I wouldnt bet serious cash on it. I dont predict it, but I wouldnt actually put it past the writers to have her fly out of the volcano on the carpet to "safety", only to run into a veiled Stanley and get croaked for the pliers. :P

The caldera is obviously unsafe for fliers, and should be lifeless by the time RCC ends turn, but I wouldnt rule out Stanley being able to fly when his turn comes on his RED dragon to pillage the pliers from either Scarletts corpse or isolated self. Heck, he might even capture her in the process so he could try to find out what happened. Time will tell.

There is at least 1 more page, and possibly as many as 5, not including any "pretty, an erupting volcano!" pages, assuming that they dont show what happens to Parson in this book. I'm betting they dont show that, but its possible, depending on what the story for book 2 is.