Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
I was reffering to the song (rule the waves and never be slaves) And the fleet was destroyed at Napoleons time by lord Nelson to avoid having to fight it and the rest of France's allies (which Denmark weren't.. Yet) paradoxically causing Denmark to join France. The slave one was about vikings (who enslaved britons)
I was referring to the War of the Second Coalition, and Napoleon was just beginning to seize power at that point. And if you look, I already said that Nelson was the Vice-Admiral of the British fleet. The British were attempting to (and succeeded in) detach Denmark from the League, to prevent it from sending supplies to the French. And sending supplies to them during wartime sounds like an alliance to me, which is what the British treated it as.

And yes, the first Battle of Copenhagen wasn't the end of the conflict, Britain attacked Denmark several more times to prevent them from aiding the French, most notably in the Battle of Køge and the second Battle of Copenhagen. Notably, during the Battle of Køge the Danish soldiers were so outclassed that they resorted to throwing their heavy clogs at the British soldiers, resulting in it being referred to as "Træskoslaget" or "Clogs Battle".

As for the Vikings part, they lived around 900 years ago. You probably have around the same amount of Viking ancestry as me. And if the Vikings were so great, why aren't they around now? Looks like their slavery didn't work out for them after all.

o/~ Thee, haughty tyrants ne'er shall tame;
All their attempts to bend thee down,
All their attempts to bend thee down,
Will but arouse thy, arouse thy generous flame;
But work their woe, and thy renown.
Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves:
Britons never will be slaves. o/~