Quote Originally Posted by Copper8642 View Post
For the record, is the new Imperial Guard's tank with 20 shots per round even remotely... I don't know, fair or fluffy? Like, being able to pump out shots by with 45 Guardsmen or Terminators with Assault Cannons or a crazy Eldar weapon is one thing. An Imperial Guard tank completely outdoing every gun ever in shot volume... it seems a bit... off.
Considering that its str5 and AP- and 24" range (according to the rumors) it seems more then reasonable.
In terms of shot power, it is the weakest primary weapon I've seen on a tank. It relies on a large number of shots for making up for each shot being weak, which is pretty much exactly how lasguns are designed.

In terms of killing power when I calculated it up before it was pretty much the same as what 10 marines with bolters in rapid fire range, or 10 dire avengers, could do. Considering that the rumors have it as a bit more expensive then a unit of marines and a lot more expensive then a unit of dire avengers, and that it can be keep from shooting at all fairly easily, I don't see it as being a problem. It has a lot of shots, but its going to miss a fair amount and everything will get a save from it.

Its not like we don't see other vehicles with 8-12 shots with more powerful weapons, its just that it is usually from several different weapons rather then a single weapon, which in practical terms doesn't make too much of a difference. It might be a problem depending on what else the vehicle is capable of taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo
Muahahaha, fear the guard wich can kill powered armored enemies and space elves with punches!(since technically speacking they don't have close combat weapons)
Actually it is assumed they are using bayonets on their weapons, or wielding their lasguns like clubs, rather then just punching them. So its more like killing guys in power armor with a baseball bat.