Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
I believe it was Winston Churchill who said that there were three types of lies. Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics.

I also believe you are talking about probabilities not statistics.
Probabilities are derived from statistics. Indeed, that's the primary purpose of them. Using past knowledge to gain a meaningful insight into the likely future.
And I studied quite a lot of statistics both at school where I did two and a half maths A-levels, and again at University. Unfortunately. I wish I hadn't. So while I may be a bit rusty I understand about standard deviations, the 5% thingummy whatsit, minimum meaningful populations (or whatever the proper term is) and so on.
If your grasp is rusty enough to refer to anything in the field as a "thingummy whatsit", I fail to be convinced.
I also understand what you say about how random killings are as likely to kill ducks as Llamas and so keep the populations in the same proportion.

What you failed to realise is that I don't care. I don't want to keep them in the same proportion. I want to kill ducks only. And I also strongly believe that the more ducks there are, the more likely it is that they will give each other away.
How's that workin out for ya? What's the tally so far? Part of a successful plan is setting a meaningful, attainable goal. Yours isn't. Further, the ability of a duck to give another duck away is entirely dependent on one duck knowing another. People don't often reveal information that they don't know. Then again, that's just me, being illogical.

And I also believe that people signed up to play this game, so killing them for your own personal enjoyment of your assassin power over them is selfish (and a little pathetic).
Is the assassin power part of the game? Yes? Then people signed up to play a game with assassins. To enter a game, and then demand a power not be used seems kinda selfish to me. Just sayin. People play for a lot of reasons. Some like to point randomly until they're killed. Some sit quietly and go with the herd. Some are rabble-rousers, who want to bend a mob to their will. Some... Just like to cause drama, in an effort to feel like they're right.

Feel like you are? Still? After what? 3 llamas and no ducks? How's your "I only kill ducks" workin' out there?
If the VorteXer ability could be used on oneself it would have been me turning votes for me onto you. But I can't. It appears that someone else, with much the same view as to what constitutes a good ability to choose as I have, also had a very similar idea about who was the biggest threat.
Ever think that someone could have been a duck? Then what does seeing me as the biggest threat mean? It's interesting the conclusions you can draw with incomplete information.