1. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Ha ha, no, I mean being over the whole "fear or rejection and/or failure" thing. I'm more of a "Failure is the spice of life!" person now - I've failed before, often and hard, and I'm not afraid of it anymore. Another saying I like is "If you're going to fail, might as well fail spectacularly!"
    I can fail at sports and that doesn't bother me with most sports.
    This is my problem, which may sound like gloating but it isn't.
    1) I have passed every grading I have taken at Karate in the last 5 years.
    2) I have never failed to achieve/beat my target grades at school.
    3) I'm a natural goody-two-shoes. Therefore I have no problems with any authorities, e.g. Parents, School, Police, etc, etc.
    I have very little exposure to failure and therefore I am vulnerable to it when it does happen. This also means that I often (roughly 60% of the time) have to assure myself of a high chance of success (roughly 70% as a minimum) whenever I attempt something.

I also have problems with dissapointing people. This doesn't help when my father has told me himself that he is a perfectionist, although he's beginning to mellow out a bit (I blame age and Warcraft).

EDIT: The flying bus was great too. The creatures made a good "enemy" though. I don't think there can be a better show that is quintessentially British.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-04-12 at 08:26 AM.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle