Something in Rising Echo's words stirs the Captain's heart, and a softness comes over his eyes–on some level, he must know that what Echo says is true. But nevertheless, he bolsters his will, quashing his heart's insurrection. "Better to die than see you undo my final work! Perhaps I will once more see Lucius, and that would make worthy all these years of craven hiding and pathetic shame. Bring death to me then, Anathema!"

Zephyr responds with a bludgeoning barrage, hammering away at Transval with his own subordinates. He parries the first one, assuming an ultimately defensive stance and meeting the Lunar's blow with such force that it cleaves away Un's left hand, sending it splattering to the floor in a messy fan-spray of crimson. But Echo's ultimatum has cracked his will, and he cannot truly throw his spirit into such a defense any longer. So it is that Zephyr's next two blows strike, bludgeoning the Captain with Un's bleeding wrist-stump. The Captain falls back on his knees, staggered by the brutal beast's assault. As Zephyr tosses him, Un goes clattering away, blacking out from the pain as he hits the floor.

Just as Un falls from Zephyr's grip, so to does Ivory Eyes' knife fly from her grip in a perfectly poised throw. Her knife strikes the unassailable jade plates of his armor directly, its point wavering against the hardest, most protected point...and then the armor breaks. Shards of base-alloyed jade fly as Ivory Eyes' knife pierces into the Captain's vitals. There is a soft yelp of pain as he falls into unconsciousness, warm gore leaking from his armor. He is utterly defeated, his fate left to your will.