Quote Originally Posted by chaoschristian View Post
Sizemore's already a master dirtamancer, yes? Perhaps the xp thresholds are simply too large at that point to level more than a couple of times.

Bogroll on the other hand was a lowly garrison unit. I'm surprised he only leveled twice.

Back in the long-long-ago, when I used to play Dungeons and Dragons, pretty much everyone in the extended group of gamers I played with, used variant rules such as the Perrin Conventions, and other variations based on the Arduin Grimmoire.

One of the house rules that just about everyone used, was that you couldn't level more than twice in a single play session (or in some cases, you couldn't level more than twice in large battles that extended over multiple play sessions).

So, even if you somehow managed to kill a god (I'm using this as an intentionally ridiculous example), or even an entire pantheon of gods....

...well, here you go, here are your two levels.

Perhaps Erfworld uses the same house rules?

If both Sizemore and Bogroll each gained enough experience to bump up against the house-rule xp limit for a single battle, then they'd both get their two levels, regardless of the actual totals of xp involved.